Friday, August 26, 2011

Angel Scholarships


What do 200 children at Faith Alive have in common? They’re on the waiting list to receive educational scholarships for their primary (elementary) and secondary (high school) tuition. These kids are in addition to (and separate from) the OVCs (orphans and vulnerable children) sponsored through our church for Elim Elementary School.

On Thursday, I sat in on the panel interviewing children for renewal scholarships. We looked at their grades, home situations, aspirations and level of economic need. I’m glad that I’m not the one making the final decisions. I don’t think I could turn away any of them.

Please let me know if you’re interested in contributing anything toward educating this future generation of Nigerians. Any amount is appreciated.

(This snap is of some neighborhood children; I don't know if any of them are on the waiting list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment