Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World AIDS Day 2010


I hear a lot of people saying, "It's that time of year again--already." They're talking about Christmas, but I also remember December 1--World AIDS Day. Time to wear a red ribbon in honor of the millions of people living positively with HIV/AIDS and in memory of the millions who've died. And the people at Faith Alive Hospital in Jos, Nigeria who I'm proud to call some of my closest friends.

I wrote an editorial about World AIDS Day for our local newspaper to publish today, but they didn't. Hopefully they'll include it in the weekend newspaper, which has more readers anyway. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, click here to watch a short video by Avert, a UK-based organization promoting HIV/AIDS awareness and action.

(Photo courtesy of Avert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment