Friday, December 10, 2010

Counting Sheep?


Forget counting sheep. It doesn't work for me on those rare times I can't fall asleep at night. I once heard Dr. Chris tell someone with insomnia to not worry; use that time to talk with God.

Those who know me well, know that one of my favorite things each evening is to get in my jammies, crawl under the covers, and get a good night's sleep. Try as I might, I just couldn't fall asleep last night (which quickly turned into the wee hours of the morning). I took Dr. Chris's advice and prayed, rolled over, prayed, tossed and turned, prayed, and then got up and paid my bills online.

Nothing worked until I got back into bed and...imagined that I was under a mosquito net in one of the beds at the Faith Alive guesthouse. Safe. Loved. Protected. I soon started dreaming to the sound of generators rumbling outside my window.

(This 2008 photo is from my first trip, when I shared a room with Deenie. We felt like princesses under those nets, with dreams that really do come true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment