Friday, November 5, 2010

Flu or Malaria?


Would you rather have the flu or malaria? I'd prefer neither, which is why I got my flu shot yesterday and take anti-malarial pills when I go to Nigeria. But if hard-pressed, I'd choose the flu.

I'm asking because a Nigerian friend in Fort Collins, who's had malaria many times, is scared of getting the flu. Maybe we're most scared of what we haven't experienced.

One thing we can agree on, though, is that we don't want cholera. The Haitian outbreak has been in ours news lately, but did you know that there's also an outbreak in Nigeria? Dr. Chris says he doesn't know of any cases at Faith Alive, so they're probably in other parts of the country.

Wherever you are, make sure to practice good hygiene. I plan to wash my hands more often and try not to inadvertently touch my face. Let's stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment