Monday, November 22, 2010

A Week of Thanksgivings


Even though American Thanksgiving isn't until Thursday, I plan to celebrate it every day this week. I'll save the turkey and pumpkin pie for the actual day, but won't wait to give God praise for His abundant generosity.

Today I'm thankful for the Faith Alive Hospital in Jos, Nigeria. Honestly, in all my years of attending and working at church, I have never seen God so obviously active as He is at this wholistic medical center that provides free care to over 10,000 of Jos's neediest people. The stories of Him at work in and through Faith Alive are so numerous and powerful that I had to write them in a book.

I'm still writing away, but had to take two breaks this fall. One was during Dr. Chris's visit to the United States, and the other is now while I'm doing some much-needed projects around the house. Once the holidays are over, I plan to start some new chapters and get back into my writing routine.

Instead of being discouraged that other things are temporarily taking my time and effort, I'm thankful that I have a home. Actually, I have two--one in Fort Collins and one in Jos, Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment