Thursday, April 8, 2010

Little Chris Update

Hurry up and wait seems to be our motto. QUICK, get important information to Gift of Life International as soon as possible, then patiently wait. It's just the nature of this experience, I suppose, and definitely the way of all things Nigerian.

We're waiting for final approval by New Orleans Children's Hospital that they'll do the procedure that tests little Chris's physical ability to withstand surgery. If they think he can, then they'd also agree to perform the lifesaving surgery.

The GOLI Director says there are no guarantees, but we're choosing hope. And hopefully we'll have an official "yes" by the first of next week.

(Photo taken by Holly Hagena)

No comments:

Post a Comment