Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Who Ya Gonna Call?


Who ya gonna call when you want to know April's spiritual theme at Faith Alive? Nurse Musa. Not only does he know a LOT of scripture by heart, he faithfully carries his Bible and I've seen him at nearly every devotion and prayer time. He didn't disappoint when I called him today.

"The theme is Repentance, based on 2 Chronicles 7:14," Musa said. Then he instantly recited it by heart.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

"Thanks Musa," I said. "I KNEW you'd know."

The monthly theme is the focus for every morning's half hour devotion with staff and hundreds of patients, 15 minute afternoon prayers with staff, and each staff meeting. Just a singular focus, repeated. MUCH more effective than three-point sermons.

(Photo taken at Musa's church last fall with Jummai, Victor, and Musa in the white shirt. See my blog post from 2009.)

No comments:

Post a Comment