Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Table of the Lord


From Pastor Ben, about Faith Alive’s spiritual theme:

“The theme for the month of June is 'THE TABLE OF THE LORD.' We want to join with King David and exclaim and affirm the awesome provision of God who has seen us through the hard times and is still seeing us through. Indeed he has prepared a table before us in the presence of our enemy and so we will continue to eat and enjoy from that table. On that table we found peace, joy, healing, salvation, wealth, love, etc . These will all sustain us through any face of life. We echo out this to all our friends that God has prepared a table and has given out invitation to all to come and partake from it. TO YOU THE RECEIVER AND READER OF THIS, YOU HAVE A BIG PORTION ON THAT TABLE, SO ENJOY IT THROUGHOUT THIS MONTH AND FOREVER.”

Psalm 23 (NIV), A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment