Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kay Warren


Bummer. Kay Warren won’t be endorsing my book. It was a long shot, I know, to even ask the wife of “America’s Pastor” (Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life), but it was worth a try. Here’s the kind response her Executive Assistant sent me:

“With the multiple areas of life where Mrs. Warren walks as a wife, mother, grandmother, pastor's wife, author, speaker, and international advocate for vulnerable children, women and men, and for those who live with HIV and AIDS, it isn’t possible for her to accept all the invitations and requests that are asked of her, and we must decline your very kind request. We do very much appreciate your understanding, and wish you much success as you continue on the journey to publish your book.”

I really appreciate Kay’s…um, Mrs. Warren’s…continued advocacy for people with HIV and AIDS. I highly recommend her book, Dangerous Surrender. It’s going to be re-released under the name Saying Yes to God. I’d lend you my copy of DS, but all the underlining and side notes I made would be distracting. Yes, it’s that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment