Monday, October 5, 2009

A Writer's Ramblings - Day One



Day 1 of Intentional Writing (it’s actually Month 6 of this book project but it’s the first day I actually wrote ‘Writing Day’ on my calendar!). Here I sit at the public library surrounded by shelves of books, hoping the best words and ideas will seep into my brain. Like their authors, I write to be published in the hopes that people will read what I write. But unlike the majority of them, I have a specific message of hope and healing. So many of the titles I see don’t share this goal– Dragons This and That, Vampires Blah Blah Blah, and Murder Ad Nausea.

My book is about inspiring people through faith in Jesus Christ. Surely a few of these library books share that goal, but they’re in the minority. What I want is a table and chair near the inspirational section (is there such a thing?). Maybe I need to go to a Christian bookstore or our church library instead. But I’d be without Wi-Fi and mochas there…wait, I’m without mochas HERE. After my break, I’ll move to Moxie Java.

Enough about Day 1. It’s time to quit procrastinating, stop writing about writing, and actually write!

No comments:

Post a Comment