Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Facebooking Nigerians


Facebooking might not be an official Webster’s Dictionary word, but it will be. I admit it can be a time waster (think Gameboy, Solitaire, etc.), but it’s been a great way for me to stay in touch with my computer-using Nigerian friends. How cool to learn instantly about someone’s new baby, someone’s love life, and someone else’s school acceptance! I won’t reveal their identities, but they know who they are (because if they’re Facebooking me then I hope they’re also reading this blog!). I’ve learned people’s birthdays and seen photos of the girls with various hairstyles (I hope the upcoming docu-comedy ‘Good Hair’ about black people’s hair struggles will shed some light on this...!). A good FB chat is an inspiring catalyst for my bookwriting days.

No comments:

Post a Comment