Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Healing from Malaria


My heart is sad, yet hopeful. A dear friend at Faith Alive has been sick with malaria for five days, and was even too weak to answer the phone when I called a few days ago. She’s a single mom with two boys, so the girls from her shop have been taking care of her (doing her wash, probably helping her with food, etc.). Oh, how I wish I were there to make some soup and hold her hand.

The hopeful part is that there’s medicine to treat malaria, which strikes nearly everybody there on a regular basis. The question isn’t ‘have you ever had malaria?’ but ‘when was the last time you had it?’. I’m in awe of how much their bodies can fight a variety of major diseases – they are definitely survivors.

Please join me in prayers for healing, for her and for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment