Sunday, October 11, 2009

Claim Your Name



Meet Success. She’s in Grade 5 at Elim Elementary School in Jos, Nigeria. During a recent school relay, I watched her strong, tall legs propel her swiftly through the hard dirt playground. It was no surprise to me that she was fast, even with unbuckled sandals! After all, her widowed mom had the foresight to bless her with a winning name. How could she do anything BUT triumph?

Maybe that’s why I chose her to receive my scholarship. There was just something about her that stood out, in a quiet but powerful way. She embraced both gentle femininity and bold confidence while still being so young. She wants to be a nurse and I believe she WILL achieve great things because she claims her name.

(Photo: Success is on the green team)

No comments:

Post a Comment