Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet Reunions

I arrived in Jos yesterday at 7:30 pm after a long two days' travel, and slept like a baby at the guesthouse. Dr. Chris insisted that I take the master bedroom in a second floor flat because Mark will be joining me later this month. He says that we have to treat the good man well so that he'll let me return. :)

It's been raining most of the time. Last night the sound of pouring rain even drowned out the 4 am prayers blaring from loudspeakers (if you've been here, you'll know what I'm talking about).

Today has been filled with sweet reunions with some of my favorite people. It's reassuring to know that I'll be here for six weeks to have quality time with them. I felt so rushed when I was here in March for just two weeks. The Nigerian way is relaxed and relational (much like you've read about in 'Three Cups of Tea.' ) I hope to drink a lot of tea!

That's all for today; my mind has energy but my body is tired. Everyone here sends their love.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely. Enjoy the rain for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Mom!

    Send my love to everyone.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete