Monday, February 27, 2012

MCC Articles


After the senseless bombing yesterday in Jos, it’s time for some good news. Click here to read Brenda Hartman-Souder’s recently published article about Faith Alive’s social service center. The article highlights Zipporah, the young woman who made my “Big Auntie” dress for Pastor Esther’s wedding to Victor last August. In addition to being a successful graduate of Faith Alive’s skills-acquisitions and discipleship school, Zipporah is outgoing, fun and a great dancer!

I enjoyed lunch and conversation last year with Brenda and her husband Mark, MCC’s (Mennonite Central Committee) Nigerian representatives. MCC is a highly valued, long-time partner with Faith Alive; MCC is so reputable that anything they support has an automatic stamp of approval.

While I now worship at a Presbyterian Church, I cherish my Mennonite heritage with its Christian-based peace, justice, social and serving values. My late and dearly loved grandpa was a third-generation Mennonite Pastor. My mom, Eleanor Wiebe, carried on her father's compassionate heart by directing a victim-offender mediation program, and now volunteering. Her brother, Sheldon Sawatzky, and his wife Marietta have dedicated their lives as missionaries in Taiwan, and my cousin Joe Sawatzky and his wife Anna are missionaries in South Africa.

Click here to find out more about MCC. While there, enter “Faith Alive” in the “search” box to view some great articles and photos.

(The cross and dove logo above is MCC's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment