Sunday, February 26, 2012

Faith Alive Family Okay after Bombing


Reports are trickling in about one or two suicide bombers in Jos this morning. I've heard varying reports, from a car bomber to bombs planted inside the COCIN (Church of Christ in Nigeria) church, killing at least three people. A quick call to Little Chris's dad, Daniel, assured me that no Faith Alive family were directly affected. However, I imagine that everyone at least indirectly feels the destruction and unrest.

I attended a COCIN church during one of my trips to Jos, but not the one victimized today. Many churches there now have security measures and blockades to keep trouble from getting too close to their buildings and congregations.

Please continue to pray for peace in Jos.

(Photo courtesy of AllAfrica)

No comments:

Post a Comment