Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christian Pastor’s Family Among Those Killed


Just when it seemed safe to sleep soundly in Jos, Nigeria, another group of militants attacked the nearby Mazah village. Rev. Huhu Dawat, a Church of Christ in Nigeria (COCIN) Pastor, recounted Saturday morning.

"It was at about 1:30 am when I heard a knock on my door. I went and opened the door but did not see anybody, so I went back into the house. A few minutes later we started hearing sporadic gun shots. It was then I escaped into the farmland near my house, but my family was not fortunate enough to escape too. My wife, daughter, son and grandson have all been killed."

To read the full article in the Nigerian newspaper “This Day,” click here. Please keep Rev. Dawat in your prayers as well as others who relive their pain and fear each time violence erupts. May there be a lasting peace in Jos.

No comments:

Post a Comment