Wednesday, February 3, 2010

To Know Christ


Every month Faith Alive has a spiritual theme. February’s is “that I may know him,” based on Philippians 3:10. That chapter starts out with an applicable warning to “Watch out for those dogs, those men who do evil, those mutilators of the flesh.” In just the last few weeks, many Nigerians witnessed and all saw evidence of “those dogs” and need reassurance that God is still on His throne.

“I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ – the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.”

On another note, I talked briefly on the phone this morning with Daniel and Holly. She’s offered to babysit little Chris tomorrow so Daniel and Rahila may celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment