Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Computer Consultations


Mark has found his niche at Faith Alive and it's definitely not on the ground floor where I spend most of my time seeing patients in overcrowded conditions. It’s also not in the counseling department where people discover their HIV status (another of my favorite places). It’s on the upper floor, at a desk, in front of his laptop, working one on one with staff to increase their computer competency. Twenty staff signed up for his first overview class, but only six or seven came. However, they seem to love the drop-ins for personal training. He was so busy today that he worked right through lunch. Being the serving Nigerian wife that I am (ha!), I carried his lunch to the clinic. Mark wasn’t impressed that I carried it on my head because, unlike Nigerian women (even girls!), I had to hold onto the pot with my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment