Monday, June 27, 2011

15th Anniversary Celebration Part 1: Faith Alive Institute



June 23, 2011 marked a special day—15 years since Dr. Christian Isichei optimistically hung a shingle saying “Faith Alive Counseling” outside a four-room apartment in Jos, Nigeria. Now he announces from the three-story Faith Alive Hospital that employs over 150 people and serves over 10,000 patients:

"As part of my sabbatical and things I have worked for, we will be dedicating attached-Faith Alive Institute Millennium Development Goals that has the 8 goals as "departments" and houses an office for myself and wife-two different rooms with a reception. For the first time since establishment of FAF, I now have an office and will commence its use tomorrow. I plan to spend time one-on-one with staff and do a lot with the office."

Those goals, as listed at the United Nations website, are:

1. End poverty and hunger
2. Achieve universal primary education
3. Promote gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve maternal health
6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability
8. Create a global partnership for development

I can’t wait to learn more about the institute when I’m (God-willing) in Nigeria later this summer!

(Photos of the sign outside the Institute building in Jos, Nigeria and the UN MDG logo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment