Thursday, February 14, 2013

Faith Alive Book: Be Among First to Buy One…



…or as my husband would say, why stop at just one? 100% of the profit from book sales benefits the Faith Alive hospital in Jos, Nigeria.

Paperback copies of the book are en route to my house so that I can start selling them this Sunday. In the next few months, the books will be available in paperback and e-book format at the Tate Publishing website, Barnes and Noble.com, and Amazon.com, but right now they’re only available in the United States through me. Be one of the first people to read the book.

Faith Alive: Storiesof Hope and Healing from an African Doctor and His Hospital gives you a behind-the-scenes look at our inspiring Dr. Chris Isichei who rose from extreme poverty to start Faith Alive. As one Nigerian brother told me yesterday, “This is going to be our second Bible!” That might seem a bit much, but I do pray that reading these powerful, dramatic stories will ignite your faith to come alive in new and exciting ways.

I’ll sell books at First Presbyterian Church, 531 S. College Avenue in Fort Collins, Colorado this Sunday and next from 9:30-10:00 am. Paperbacks sell for $15 and I’ll take pre-orders for $11 e-books. I’ll also sell beautiful, African-fabric “cup cozies” made by some ladies at the Faith Alive sewing school. The cozies are great to keep in your purse or car to use at coffee shops. People who buy a cozy from me this month will receive a free specialty drink at the church’s coffee cart. Xaris, the coffee cart, is also offering all of their profit this month to the hospital.

Thanks to First Presbyterian Church for your long-term support of both Faith Alive and me as the church’s “Champion” to the hospital. Your partnership is making a major difference in and through Dr. Chris and the hospital to touch thousands of lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment