Sunday, May 20, 2012

Greetings from KJ McCorry



God humbles me at just the right moments, this time showing me that I’m not as efficient as I pride myself on being. Last Friday, I waited at the wrong restaurant for my friend and Faith Alive family member K.J. McCorry, professional organizer/author/speaker/trainer/recycler extraordinaire whose businesses (Officiency and eco-officiency) epitomize…you guessed it, efficiency! Dare I reveal that I was the one who suggested the restaurant where she was and I was not? Thanks to KJ for extending grace to me, a result I imagine of living with “over the top blessings” that she said she’s experiencing in her life. 


KJ remembers fondly her two visits to Faith Alive and hopes to one day return. She asked about a lot of people by name and wants the Faith Alive staff to be prepared to take efficiency exams when next she visits! She wishes health, happiness, safety and peace for them and their families, people she remembers as showing warmth to her and loyalty to Faith Alive. One of her fondest memories, however, is playing the “Killer Uno” card game in the dark with headlamps.

Not one to let good advice go unspoken, KJ gave me some about my book (i.e. put a few people’s faces on the cover, start writing more on your blog about your Faith Alive book, use specific key words that people search for online, etc.). She had so much more to tell me, but we ran out of time as another person who plans to travel to Faith Alive arrived. At least I was at the right place at the right time for my next appointment.

(Top photo of KJ working with Dr. Mercy Isichei in Jos, 2008. Bottom photo of KJ and me in Colorado, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment