Monday, February 7, 2011

Headmistress Headed to Colorado?


It's been a long time in the making, but Elim Elementary School's headmistress Kate from Jos, Nigeria might be granted a visa to come to the United States. I've wanted her to visit ever since I met her on my first trip to Jos three years ago. With advanced degrees in education and administration, she started her school with just a handful of students and a faith in Jesus Christ. Today, about a dozen staff there teach around 160 students, 40 of whom are OVCs (orphans and vulnerable children) on scholarship through our church's efforts.

Please pray with me that the U.S. government will grant her a visa to visit Colorado this spring. Not only will she learn a lot to take back and teach her staff and students, but we'll be blessed to learn from her. She is one of the most poised, graceful, intelligent women I have ever met. I hope that you, too, get a chance to meet her.

If you're interested in meeting her or having her speak somewhere about women, education or OVCs in Africa, please email me at savealife@faithalivenigeria.org.

(Photo is Kate with a student.)

No comments:

Post a Comment