Thursday, December 9, 2010

Faith Alive in 2011?


As I turn up my heater, the warmth of next summer seems so far away. But that doesn't stop me from wondering about my summer 2011 trip (God-willing) to Jos, Nigeria. Will I go alone or take a group of people? If I take others, I pray that a few of them will be from my church. I'd really like to build on our church's support for the Faith Alive Hospital and Elim Elementary School.

There's so much I want to do there. Spending time with my dear friends and family is definitely at the top of my list. I also want to get more details for my book, greet inspiring Save-A-Life patients, and visit the precious children at Elim. It'd be great to spend the entire summer in Nigeria, but I wouldn't want to do that unless my husband came for part of the time.

If you're interested in going with me, it's not too early to start praying and saving money (or frequent flier miles) for airfare. Please let me know if you feel a pull on your heartstrings. We can start our "flexible planning," knowing that God holds our future. He'll call who He wants and lead us when he wants.

(I chose a photo of a carry-on bag rather than a set of luggage. You'll be able to carry on everything you really need--honestly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment