Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day


I always wondered why we play or rest on Labor Day; shouldn't we be working? It's not that I want to, mind you,but it seems like a more appropriate name for today's holiday might be Time Off Day. Regardless, I'm glad to spend the day with my husband in sunny Colorado before we go back to our regular routines tomorrow.

Here in the United States, this holiday is like our last hurrah of summer before we start raking leaves, wearing sweaters, and eating peach pie.

In Nigeria, they celebrate Workers Day at the beginning of May. I think it's a time to anticipate the rainy season that brings new life, green fields, and yams. Lots and lots of yams.

Whenever your Labor or Workers Day is, it's always good to take a break from your routine to thank God for work (paid or volunteer) and pray that people who need jobs find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment