Monday, July 30, 2012

International Coordinator

With Olympic athletes competing for gold in London and activists gathered in Washington, D.C. last week for the International AIDS Conference, I’m thinking globally. It’s a good thing, too, as I live into my new title with Faith Alive Foundation-Nigeria: International Coordinator.

I’ve been FAF-N’s U.S. Coordinator for more than a year, a role I gladly inherited from Sally Barlow, one of Faith Alive’s first and most committed supporters. She is now the President of Faith Alive USA, Inc., a 501c3 with Russ McCahan as Vice-President and Executive Director. His role is networking with people around the U.S. to build support for FA USA, Inc. that supports approved projects at Faith Alive Foundation-Nigeria. He’s also now doing some of the things that my position used to do, like arrange Dr. Chris’s travel in the U.S.

To alleviate confusion between Faith Alive USA, Inc. and my role as someone who reports directly to Dr. Christian O. Isichei, he changed my title to more accurately reflect what I do. My most clearly defined role is coordinating visitors and medical supplies from around the world to visit the Faith Alive hospital in Jos, Nigeria. Like most jobs, however, the “…and other duties” takes most of my time and effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment