Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Preparing for the Journey


In just eleven days I'll be on a Delta flight over the Atlantic Ocean with my laptop, digital voice recorder, paper, pens, book outline, and anti-malaria pills. My arrival at the Faith Alive Clinic in Jos, Nigeria will make the four airports, 30 hours, unlimited soda intake, and jetlag all worth it.


While it's my third trip there (and second one this year!), it's my first trip as a researcher and writer. My goal is to write a book about the life-transforming personal stories that reveal how God HIMSELF is at work through Dr. Chris and the clinic. In past visits my dear Nigerian brothers and sisters shared the first layer of their life stories, but this time I need to go deeper, explore the details, and check my facts.


I've been told this whole process will take a lot of time. I fully anticipate spending many months writing and rewriting after I return to my mochas and reliable internet connection in Colorado. After all, it's been over 20 years since I graduated with degrees in English Literature, Journalism, and Sociology!


Thanks for joining me on the journey. I appreciate your prayers and support, and welcome your comments here. To learn more about Faith Alive, visit http://www.faithalivenigeria.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment